Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gains and Losses

So that I do not shock my old body too much I have started cutting back on the food I eat. To do this and stay healthy I chose to go on the ‘Slimmers World’ diet.

I started on Saturday, 24th July, so I am now 8 days down that road.

The idea behind the diet is that you eat either as much as you want of protein, fruit and vegetables with enough carbohydrates and dairy to keep you healthy or as much as you want of carbohydrates, fruit and vegetables with enough protein and dairy to keep you healthy. You choose the bulk protein or carbohydrate for the day and stick to it.

Thus, my diet has looked like this:

Breakfast : Shredded Wheat, milk from an allowance, fruit.

Lunch : couscous with peppers, tomatoes, onion, basil, rocket and 28grams of meat

Dinner : Heinz Baked Beans in tomato sauce – an English thing, but could have been pinto beans.

Or :

Breakfast: Oatmeal, milk from allowance and fruit

Lunch : Steak and 28grams of baked potato

Dinner : sliced ham or other meat

The idea is that you never get hungry because you can eat as much as you want of certain foods but I can tell you...

a. I was very hungry for the first 5 days

b. I had a terrible headache, which I just couldn’t shift, for about a week, better now though!

c. Now, I don’t want to eat lots – ‘oh couscous again’ doesn’t have the same appeal as ‘what fun thing can I eat for dinner’!

d. I have peculiar cravings – custard with raisins, fried onions and Yorkshire Pudding with golden syrup to name a few!

I have lost 5lbs.

So its working in cutting my appetite...

No comments:

Post a Comment